You’re in the market for a commercial zero-turn lawn mower and find yourself debating between two of the industry’s powerhouses: Gravely and Exmark. Known far and wide for their rugged construction, unbeatable performance, and superior durability, it’s no wonder that millions of avid landscapers swear by them to get the job done.
But which one is right for you? Gravely boasts a powerful engine with large fuel tanks and extended life blades while Exmark has advanced deck suspension technology for unmatched cutting quality. With so many features and advantages to consider, the decision can be daunting.
Let’s explore both options and take a closer look at what each offers so that you can make an informed decision about these two industry giants.
Gravely Vs Exmark: Overview
Gravely is a well-known brand that has been in the business for over 100 years. They offer a wide range of mowers, including electric, zero-turn, stand-on, and walk-behind mowers. One of the key features of Gravely mowers is their Pro-Turn Fully Tubular Frame Design.
This design allows the mower to withstand force from any direction, thanks to the high-strength and premium-grade materials used to make the mower. Additionally, Gravely mowers are computer-developed, so the stress points are reinforced while the mower has maximum fatigue life.
Exmark is another popular brand that has been in the business for over 35 years. They offer a range of mowers, including zero-turn, stand-on, and walk-behind mowers.
One of the key features of Exmark mowers is their Ultra-Cut performance deck. This deck design provides a perfect finish when cutting, thanks to the patented flow-control baffles that accelerate airflow. Additionally, Exmark mowers are more eco-friendly compared to Gravely machines.
Key Features of Gravely Mowers
Gravely mowers are known for their high-quality performance, durability, and ease of use. Here are some of the key features of Gravely mowers that make them stand out from the competition.
One of the most important features of any mower is its engine performance. Gravely mowers are equipped with powerful engines that provide excellent performance and reliability.
The engines are designed to provide maximum power and torque, making it easier to cut through thick grass and tough terrain. Gravely mowers are available with Kawasaki and Kohler engines, as well as powerful Yamaha MX-V EFI engines.
Gravely mowers are built to last. They are constructed with high-quality materials and are designed to withstand the rigors of frequent use. The decks are made of heavy-duty steel and are designed to resist corrosion and rust. The frames are also made of durable materials and are designed to provide maximum stability and support. Gravely mowers are built to handle even the toughest mowing conditions.
Comfort and Ease of Use
Gravely mowers are designed with the user in mind. They are built to be comfortable and easy to use, even for extended periods of time. The seats are adjustable and provide excellent support, reducing fatigue and discomfort.
The controls are also designed to be easy to use and are positioned for maximum convenience. Gravely mowers are also equipped with features like ergonomic handles and easy-to-read gauges, making them easy to operate and maintain.
- Durability: Gravely mowers are built to last. They are made of high-quality materials and are designed to withstand tough conditions. This makes them an excellent choice for professional landscapers who need a reliable machine that can handle heavy use.
- Versatility: Gravely mowers come in different sizes and types, including zero-turn, stand-on, and walk-behind mowers. This makes it easy for users to find a mower that suits their needs and preferences.
- Ease of Use: Gravely mowers are easy to operate, even for beginners. They have intuitive controls and ergonomic designs that make them comfortable to use for extended periods.
- Cutting Quality: Gravely mowers are equipped with high-performance cutting decks that provide a clean and precise cut. They also have adjustable cutting heights, allowing users to customize their mowing experience.
- Price: Gravely mowers are generally more expensive than other brands in the market. This can be a disadvantage for users who are on a tight budget.
- Maintenance: Gravely mowers require regular maintenance to keep them in good condition. This includes oil changes, blade sharpening, and other routine tasks. Users who are not willing to invest time and effort in maintenance may find this a drawback.
- Noise: Gravely mowers can be quite noisy, especially when operating at high speeds. This can be a problem for users who live in residential areas where noise restrictions are in place.
Read Also: Scag Vs John Deere
Key Features of Exmark Mowers
Exmark mowers are known for their high-quality performance and durability. Here are some of the key features that make Exmark mowers stand out from the competition.
Exmark mowers are crafted to deliver outstanding cutting performance. Their patented Ultra-Cut deck features flow-control baffles that maximize air circulation, leaving behind a flawlessly finished lawn.
Moreover, Exmark machines are more eco-friendly than Gravely mowers, so you can enjoy superior results while taking care of the environment.
Exmark mowers are designed for long-lasting performance. Constructed from superior elements, they are capable of withstanding all the demands of commercial applications.
Their decks feature resilient steel that stays strong and won’t corrode, while their frames have been built using sturdy steel that magnifies their endurance.
Exmark mowers are designed with your comfort in mind. They come with features that make them easy to use and comfortable, like ergonomically designed seats and intuitively laid out controls with easy-to-read displays. This lets you enjoy long mowing sessions without any strain or hassle.
- Cutting Quality: The deck designed for Exmark mowers provides Ultra-Cut performance. This allows them to accelerate airflow for a perfect finish when cutting. The patented flow-control baffles are used on Exmark’s mowers, which makes them more efficient and eco-friendly compared to other mowers.
- Comfort: Exmark mowers are designed to provide maximum comfort to the users. They come with ergonomic seats, which can be adjusted according to the user’s height and weight. The controls are also placed in a convenient location, which makes them easy to use.
- Durability: Exmark mowers are known for their durability. They are built with high-quality materials, which makes them resistant to wear and tear. The frames are made of tubular steel, which makes them strong and sturdy. The engines used in Exmark mowers are also of high quality, which makes them reliable and long-lasting.
- Price: Exmark mowers are relatively expensive compared to other mowers in the market. This can be a disadvantage for those who are on a tight budget.
- Maintenance: Exmark mowers require regular maintenance to keep them in good condition. This can be time-consuming and expensive. The users need to be aware of the maintenance schedule and follow it strictly to avoid any issues.
- Weight: Exmark mowers are heavy compared to other mowers in the market. This can be a disadvantage for those who need to transport them frequently. The weight can also make them difficult to maneuver in tight spaces.
Price Comparison: Gravely Vs Exmark
If you’re in the market for a lawn mower, price is unquestionably a major factor to consider. Luckily, both Gravely and Exmark offer an extensive selection of models that span a wide range of prices and capabilities.
Gravely’s lineup ranges from about $3,000 to $15,000, while Exmark’s price range extends from around $4,000 to $15,000. Whether you choose a zero-turn model or stand-on mower, it’s vital to reflect on your specific needs and compare the features of the various models.
Although Gravely may offer slightly more affordable options, it’s crucial to ponder the long-term implications of your investment—sometimes splurging now on a higher-priced mower can save you time and money down the line.
Final Verdict: Gravely Vs Exmark
When it comes to choosing between Gravely and Exmark, it ultimately comes down to personal preference and specific needs. Both brands offer a range of high-quality mowers with unique features and benefits. Here is a breakdown of the strengths and weaknesses of each brand:
Gravely is known for its durability and versatility. Their mowers are designed to handle tough terrain and provide a smooth, comfortable ride. They offer a range of zero-turn mowers, stand-on mowers, and walk-behind mowers, all with various cutting widths to fit any job. Additionally, Gravely mowers have a reputation for being easy to maintain and repair.
However, Gravely mowers can be more expensive than other brands, and some users have reported issues with the quality of the cut on certain models. It’s important to carefully consider your specific needs and budget before choosing a Gravely mower.
Exmark is known for its innovative technology and exceptional cut quality. Their mowers are designed for commercial use and are built to handle large, complex jobs. They offer a range of zero-turn mowers, stand-on mowers, and walk-behind mowers, all with various cutting widths and engine options.
Exmark mowers are also known for their user-friendly controls and comfortable ride. However, they can be more expensive than other brands, and some users have reported issues with the durability of certain models.
Overall, both Gravely and Exmark offer high-quality mowers with unique features and benefits. It’s important to carefully consider your specific needs and budget before choosing a mower.